Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Thai Tropical Fruit Drinks

I think these refreshing healthy drinks are worth a try, if you are in need of a vitamin boost then it's worth the minimal effort to knock up one of these for breakfast. It can be tried with almost any ripe fruit from bananas, apples, pears to the more tropical papaya, mango and watermelon. I keep sugar syrup in my fridge at all times so that I can make one of these up at a moments notice!


Recipe complements of Vatch's Thai Kitchen by Vacharian Bhumichitr.

Ingredients
1 Ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
Ice Cubes
Pinch of salt

Method
Put a few pieces of pineapple in a blender with ice cubes, syrup and a pinch of salt (salt will bring out the flavour of the fruit). Blend well, then pour into glasses.




I used a handful of hulled strawberries for this glass, depending on the season you may need to use more sugar syrup for extra sweetness.


Pineapple is my favourite and a small pinch of salt really helps the flavour, this drink has a natural creaminess and is very refreshing. I also made orange, I peeled a medium sized orange, blended as above and then strained it into a glass through my fingers, leaving some of the flesh goodness but not too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment