Friday, 27 September 2013

One Year Older (but not wiser!!)


It is a funny thing getting older, people look to you for advice, expecting a pearl of wisdom to drop from your lips. I'm not sure that I am any older or wiser than I was ten years ago! My birth certificate says one thing but my mind says another, to be honest I feel like a teenager inside, a slightly giddy one at that.


I firmly believe that I am getting a second chance at being a late teen again, only now I'm much more comfortable in my own skin, sure of who I am and with considerably less spots!! I have more hobbies now than at any point in my teens and I'm fittest I've ever been. I wake every morning, looking forward to the day ahead, wondering what I will get up to next. 

I celebrated my birthday surrounded by my family, the most precious gift of all and I'm glad that despite what the paperwork says, I feel like I have it to do all again, but this time I know what I want! 


This simply wonderful cake came from Donal Skehan's Kitchen Hero For Less cookbook, which in my humble opinion it is the perfect celebration cake! No cooking (melting chocolate is not cooking!!) and chilling which leaves me with plenty of time to spend with my family, perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment